Well, Sanna from Sanna’s Scriblings tagged me for a blog post about where I am at in my writing, so here it is. Feel free to consider yourself tagged and run with it 😉
1. What is the working title of your book?
I have two projects at the moment, a fantasy novel called “Mage” and a short story collection called “Reflections”.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I have been writing the novel for almost 4 years now. It started out as a short story I wrote in the car on the way back from vacation.
The short story collection came about when I realized that I have 3-4 stories that could all fall under a theme or collective world. I am in the process of expanding and editing two other stories and hope to have 6 in the entire collection.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
In my Mage novel…hmm… Jude Law as the Captain of the King’s Guard. Not sure about the rest.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Mage: A young woman who has lost everything must learn how to make her way in the world before various factions take those options away from her and enslave her again.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It might be self published, not sure yet. I would like to submit it for publication at first to at least see if there is interest.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
My first draft took a year.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
It is a story of magic and humanity so it would compare to most of the fantasy genre.
9. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I have posted several of the short stories and the first few chapters of my book on my writing blog.
10. Tag you’re it!