I know everyone has a home in their head that is their perfect house. I have a hard time reconciling mine with what everyone else seems to want.
- Hedges or a tall fence. (have to have a fence for the pup.)
- No front yard. (I hate mowing and caring for the front yard but I will happily do the back where hedges hide me from view of the street, shrug.)
- Small (I know everyone is looking for the next house to be larger but I keep downsizing. The only thing I want larger is my kitchen. The place I am in now is around 800 ft2 and it is perfect.)
- A large kitchen with light.
- A library and office to work in.
- A dark bedroom with thick shades on the windows and walls like an underwater cave.
- Ferns and hosta in the yard and trees to give them shade.
- A garden to tend and grow things.