I’ve been seeing a lot of posts about self care this week. Below are just a few that stuck with me. The comments on Captain Awkward are amazing.
I’ve been having some body/health issues lately and it’s been driving me nuts how quickly my life/work balance falls apart when you’re not at 100%. In order to get myself back level I’ve been letting myself go to bed early if I want, taking my vitamins, curling on the couch with the pup to watch too much anime, and reading books in bed.
Yes, I have things that need to get done, but the things will be there tomorrow. What are you doing to take care of yourself?
To Do List
- It’s October so I’ve slowly started doing my Christmas shopping.
- Need to clean the carpet in my house.
- Bug bombing this Saturday.
- Need to pick up rat traps for the garage since I don’t want to put down poison with the feral cats around.
- I want to move furniture again and pick up a few things to pretty up the house for the fall, like a fluffy blanket for the couch and new pillows.
- Waiting on test results, but I at least went to the doctor and am being checked out.
- I’m prepping for Nanowrimo and have a bunch of outlines to write up tonight. Tonight is World Building with my Nano group online so hopefully I will get some solid work done.
- I need to integrate my notes and new scenes into the novel. I realized that the world viewpoint of my character will be changed after the new scenes and I have some editing and reworking to do on the end of the book.
- I’m trying to wrap up several fan fictions before Nano but not making much progress.